The undergraduate professional study of Mechatronics combines basic knowledge of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, and robotics. It is applicable and sought after in all branches of economy. The content of the study is focused on new technologies. In the modern world, mechatronics experts are an important part of competitive business. Mechatronics is a very important part of the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) field.
Professional bachelors in the field of Mechatronics are creators who apply ideas and knowledge in mechanical and electrical engineering to design complex systems for today’s industry.
The study of Mechatronics was created in cooperation with the Zagreb University of Applied Sciences and it is an ideal continuation of education for students of technical schools (electrical engineer, mechatronics engineer, mechanical engineer, computer technician) or humanistic secondary schools who are eager to acquire and develop the skills and techniques required by modern engineers.
Advantages of the study program:
- a large number of hours of professional practice enables future bachelors to apply the knowledge acquired in a practical way and get acquainted with the labor market in order to find employment after study
- cooperation with the Research Centre for Metal Industry in Istrian County – METRIS enables the application of acquired knowledge and skills on state-of-the-art analytical equipment in modernly equipped chemical, mechanical, and biotechnical laboratories
- a modern approach to education
- to design mechatronic systems using knowledge and skills in mathematics, natural sciences and informatics, while respecting fundamental ethical principles, legal norms and rules of the profession
- to predict, calculate and design machine elements and assemblies in terms of strength and deformation, kinematics and dynamics
- to choose the appropriate material types and technological fabrication processes for the design of mechatronic systems
- to design 3d parameter models of parts and assemblies, and make technical drawings (project, workshop, circuit, schematic) using CAE/CAD software systems
- to design hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and apply them in all branches of technology
- to anticipate, select and connect sensors, actuators, power and control units, communication protocols and related equipment for the automation of various technical processes in mechatronics (electric motor drives, machine tools, fluid storage processes, thermal and transport processes, etc.)
- to calculate the parameters of the controller for the regulation of different technical processes in mechatronics
- to design electronic control units with microcontrollers using EDA tools
- to design a software solution for an embedded computer system to run various technical processes in mechatronics
- to manage CNC machines, CAD/CAM systems, flexible machining systems and analyze and simulate the work of robots and manipulators in mechatronics
- to solve engineering problems by applying modern techniques, skills and engineering tools
- to use a foreign language in professional literature and in everyday and professional communication
- to apply the principles of business communication within the profession and to adapt to work in project teams
- to plan production and projects, to optimize resources and to develop the basis for a modern approach to quality maintenance and assurance
- to identify and resolve manufacturing process problems associated with mechatronic elements, assemblies or devices
Duration: 3 years, (6 semesters)
Professional title: professional bachelor (baccalaureus) in the field of mechatronics.
Credits: 180 ECTS
Fields of education: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automatization, electronics, energetics, informatics.